Colour coated galvanized iron (gi) roofing sheets in Kerala- Types, Prices, Images
Everything about Galvanized Iron (GI) roofing sheets, including Different types of GI roofing sheets, coloured roofing sheets, advantages of Galvanized Iron roofing sheets, best company in Kerala manufactures the best GI roofing sheets, Best suited colours for residential and commercial buildings. Put a comment or contact us for any details/queries/doubts regarding GI roofing sheets
About Metal Iron
Iron is the most commonly used metal in daily life, always in the form of manufactured objects, and usually covered with a protective coating within the object. Concrete structures contain essential reinforcing iron. Automobiles are mainly iron –tin cans are iron covered with thin coatings fasteners, such as the nails and screws used in wooden construction, are usually iron.
Iron is an excellent and versatile material of construction–strong, tough, easily formed and worked, and, very importantly, cheap compared to the alternatives. Plastics give it competition, especially in products that must be manufactured at the lowest cost where strength and durability are not the primary concerns, such as modern American automobiles. Aluminium is a strong competitor where weight is a concern, as in aircraft. However, the versatility of iron-carbon alloys cannot be matched in any other material. Alloys with other metals, such as nickel, chromium and manganese, give further advantages. These steels can be tailored to nearly every demand, and are not significantly challenged as materials of construction.
By galvanizing the Iron, the properties of Iron can be improved, and can be used for variety of purposes.
What is Galvanization of Iron?
Galvanized iron is iron which has been coated in a layer of zinc. In order to resist the corrosion occurred to the metal when in contact with the air. Steel (iron alloyed with carbon) can also be galvanized to prevent corrosion. Zinc weathers at a very slow rate, so the coating generally has a long life. if a metal is going to be used in an environment which is vulnerable to corrosion, it is often galvanized so that it will be able to survive the corrosion likely conditions.
There are two major techniques which can be used to make galvanized Iron.
- Hot-dip galvanization, in which the iron is moved through an extremely hot bath of molten zinc, which may be mixed with small amounts of lead, depending on the circumstances. When the iron emerges from the bath, the zinc will have bonded, creating a layer of zinc on the surface of the iron. Sometimes, the metal may be passed through a mill to flatten and even out the coating.
- Electrodeposition: Another technique to galvanize iron, which also known as electroplating, this is quite rare and expensive process.
In a nut shell Galvanized Iron is the type of Iron which is coated with Zinc by any of the galvanization techniques (Hot-dip galvanization or Electrode position). This makes the iron to prevent from the corrosion.
There are a wide range of uses for Galvanized iron, which comes in sheeting, pipes, stakes, and wire, among other formats.
Advantages of Galvanized Iron Material?
- Lowest first cost – Galvanizing is lower in first cost than many other commonly specified protective coatings for steel.
- Less maintenance/Lowest long term cost – Even in cases where the initial cost of galvanizing is higher than alternative coatings, galvanizing is almost invariably cheapest in the long term (because it lasts longer and needs less maintenance).
- Long life/ High Durability – The life expectancy of galvanized coatings on typical structural members is far in excess of 50 years in most rural environments, and 20 to 25 years plus
- Toughest coating – Galvanized coating has a unique metallurgical structure which gives outstanding resistance to mechanical damage in transport, erection and service.
- Automatic protection for damaged areas – Galvanized coatings corrode preferentially to steel, providing cathode or sacrificial protection to small areas of steel exposed through damage. Unlike organic coatings, small damaged areas need no touch up.
- Complete protection – Every part of a galvanized particle is protected, even recesses, sharp corners and inaccessible areas. No coating applied to a structure or fabrication after completion can provide the same protection.
Any product made of standard steel can be standardized, and hence, you can easily predict the life-span of ducts, pipes, pipes fitting or any other HVAC or industrial equipment made of galvanized steel.
- Ease of inspection – Galvanized coating is assessed readily by eye, and simple non-destructive thickness testing methods can be used.
- Excellent thermal properties – Excellent thermal properties keep the building cooler in summer and warmer in winter
Galvanized Iron (GI) Roofing Sheets
One of the prime applications of Galvanized Iron material is roofing sheet. Galvanized Iron roofing sheets, simply called GI roofing sheets are the most commonly and widely used roofing material in the world. Galvanized sheet metal consists of thin sheets of steel that have been coated with zinc to increase corrosion-resistance and durability. Galvanized sheet metal can be used in construction for building homes and commercial structures as it only has less cost to buy and maintain its finishing.
GI roofing sheets are preferred by most of the customers because of its cost efficiency. Galavanized Iron roofing sheets are attractive, durable, reliable and also available in wide range of aesthetic colours (red, green, blue, and grey, silver…) that suits any kind of roofing environment. Thus GI sheets have gained much popularity among people, than other roofing sheets.
Due to its high acceptance, GI roofing sheets are well suited for low cost residents. Now even villagers replace asbestos roofing sheets with GI roofing sheets and most of the farm houses using GI roofing sheets to reduce the cost.
Galvanized Iron Roofing Sheets Types(Thickness)
There four types of GI roofing sheets are available,
Regular colour coated GI roofing sheets
Regular coloured GI roofing sheets have 5 numbers of ribs and 8-24 feet length and having a sheet thickness of 0.25mm-0.40mm.
Mini colour coated GI roofing sheets
Mini coloured GI roofing sheets have 6 numbers of ribs and 8-14 feet length and having a sheet thickness of 0.18mm-0.20mm.
Strong colour coated GI roofing sheets
Strong coloured GI roofing sheets have 6 numbers of ribs and 8-14 feet length and having a sheet thickness of 0.25mm-0.40mm.
Excel colour coated GI roofing sheets
Excel coloured GI roofing sheets have 8 numbers of ribs and 8-24 feet length and having a sheet thickness of 0.25mm-0.40mm.
Corrugated Galvanized Iron Roofing Sheets
GI roofing sheets are available in plain, corrugated and Trafford patterns.
Corrugated Galvanized Iron (GI) roofing sheets are the types of GI roofing sheets that are made stronger by corrugating or folding the material to make crests and trenches. The wavy construction leads to increased strength over a shorter surface area. This gives more strength to the roofing sheets.
Plain GI roofing sheets are plain in nature which is used in different fields . Mainly used for warehouses, electrical equipment, sheds of houses, automotive components etc.
Colour Coated Galvanized Iron Roofing Sheets
There are mainly six colours are available in Coloured GI roofing sheets. Find the most suitable colour for your roofs.
Colours Available for GI roofing Sheets
Any colour can be choose for roofing sheets in your interests, its up to you that which is good with your residentail/commercial buildings, try to compare with the paint colour you have used for the buildings.
- Grey coloured GI roofing sheets- Residential, Commercial buildings
- Brown coloured GI roofing sheets – Residential, commercial buildings, auditoriums, large halls
- Green coloured GI roofing sheets- Best suited for farmhouse purposes, residential, commercial purpose
- Blue coloured GI roofing sheets – Residential, Commercial, farm house, auditoriums purposes
- White coloured GI roofing sheets – Residential, Commercial, auditoriums purposes
- Red coloured GI roofing sheets – More users are using for residential and commercial purposes as it colours resembles with traditional Kerala roof tiles
click here for to download the product brochure and more about colour coated GI roofing sheets.
Does GI Roofing sheet is best for Kerala Weather?
Kerala has a unique weather condition that 6 months of summer and 6 months of rainy season. Thus buildings roofs and resident’s roofs in Kerala are vulnerable to corrosion. In market GI roofing sheets are one of the best corrosion resistant roofing sheets available. So only by using high quality durable and weather resistant roofing sheets, the building can survive all the weather changes. In most areas in Kerala, metal roofs can be expected to last three or more times longer than a comparable asphalt shingle roof or asbestos sheets. Areas with extreme heat, wind (Coastal areas),and temperature extremes, the long lasting advantage of metal roofing can be even greater.
Galvanized roofing sheets are suitable for any weather conditions in Kerala, Thus GI roofing sheets are best option as roofing materials.
When comparing to asbestos roofing sheets, GI roofing sheets are easy to install, move from one location to another, Fire resistant, high tensile strength and will not brittle as asbestos sheets.
Where Can I Buy GI Roofing Sheets in Kerala?
If you are looking for to buy Coloured Galvanized Iron(GI) Roofing Sheets or corrugated GI roofing sheets in Kerala?
Try to find the best company who manufactures GI roofing sheets in Kerala itself. Reduce the transportation charges, That makes you more cost effective way of purchasing. Can be avoided the intermediate commission charge of the goods.
Finding a best quality GI roofing sheets is a time consuming task. You need to compare different roofing sheets to test the quality. So always look for quality certified GI roofing sheets/materials manufacturing companies.
There are only few companies who manufacture roofing sheets in Kerala.
And find the most trusted roofing sheet companies in Kerala will lead you the ultimate selection of high quality roofing sheets includes aluminium roofing sheets, GI roofing sheets, and aluzinc coated roofing sheets.
Which is the Best GI roofing Company in Kerala?
In Kerala there are only few roofing product manufacturing companies are located, rest of the roofing companies are situated at northern parts of India. So if you want to buy colour coated GI roofing sheets you need to spend extra money for transportation. Or if you are finding the third party agent, you lose a high amount of cash as commission amount that are added with the roofing sheets original price.
So find GI roofing sheets manufacturer whose factories are located in Kerala, and manufactures the roofing sheets in Kerala itself will reduce the cost.
And Factory outlet will also avoid the commission amount which is taken by third party outlets.
Life Roof roofing sheets and roofing accessories manufacturer is one of the popular Roofing sheets manufacturer in Kerala with over 35 years of experience.
At Life Roof Roofing material makers you can buy High quality Coloured GI roofing sheets at marginal cost because the Roofing sheets are made in Kerala itself, here you can avoid the transportation cost form northern sides of the India.
And do ask about all the technical and scientific specifications of the roofing sheets. And visit their manufacturing company to ensure the quality of making in every process.
Life Roof GI Roofing Sheets Manufactures, Kerala
Life Roof Roofing Manufacturer is the one of few company in Kerala has all the 3 certification accredited. Life Roof is ISO 9001:2008 certified, TUV SUD certified and NABCAB certified for quality of manufacturing of roofing sheets and roofing accessories.
Life Roof is a subsidiary of Pipe Field group of companies having 35 years of experience in manufacturing field is one of the best pick to buy coloured GI roofing sheets in Kerala. Their manufacturing factory situated at Palakkad, Kerala. Head office located at Kaloor, Kochi.
Life Roof has a quality testing team to check the quality of the roofing sheets in every phase of manufacturing; this makes the company unique and standard. At Life roof you have a cost estimator employee who estimates the cost of the roofing sheets according with the size of the roofing area in feet. They also assist you to select the best matching colour for your roofing.
And by one of the unique feature of the Life Roof Company is that they will give you cut to length roofing sheets to avoid extra wastage will also give you another facility. Thus by reduce the cost effectively.
To buy high quality certified GI roofing sheets : Life Roof Factory Outlets
If you are searching for the best (Galvanized Iron) GI roofing sheets with Colour Coating, the Life Roof brand will be the best selection. Life Roof roofing sheets are used for the roofing of CIAL(Cochin international Airport).
Major Roofing products from Life Roof:
- Coloured GI Roofing sheets – GI
- Coloured Aluminium Roofing sheets – ALUREAL
- Coloured GI roofing Sheets with Alu-zinc coating – GALPRO
Roofing Sheets Accessories
- Baby Coil Roofing Accessory
- Crimp sheet Roofing Accessory
- Roof Gutter Roofing Accessory
- Ridge Cap Roofing Accessory
- Fencing Sheets
Life Roof Roofing Manufacturer,
37/3461, Deshabhimani Jn.
NH Road, Kaloor
Kochi – 17
Phone: +91 484 2336557